Monday, September 14, 2009

Kyle Writes:
"Thats awesome, Dallas Texas (Brett Riggs got his call there). Ya, the welders down here are pretty funny, a lot of times the welder itself is just a few wires going to a big capacitor or coil. So last Monday when I wrote we had a fire in our bathroom and a toilet paper dispenser burnt up and filled our apartment with black soot everywhere, and melted the shower, I'll attach some pictures. It started because a candle on top of it burnt all the way down, and melted the dispenser, starting some toilet paper on fire, and some matches too. Everything was (and still is) black.
We set a baptism date for the 27th for two investigators. This week is independence day for Guatemala, so it will be crazy. They started celebrating saturday.
Yes, that would be awesome if you sent another backpack, I was going to ask today, because mine is starting to fail again.
If you can, keep sending pictures, because the prints you sent were printed on the wrong side of the photo paper and the ink is rubbing off. But I love showing the pictures to people because they always ask about family and my state. Other than that, I am fine. I've been eating nothing but beans for the past few weeks. Hopefully I can find a place to buy tortillas down here. The real food is tortilla, and all the other stuf is just "with tortilla". In the tzutuhil language if you say you don't eat tortillas, they feak out because everyone eats them! haha. But it's a good way to fill up. Here are some photos...."





Bathroom after the fire
Some of the local 'crop'

No comments: