Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Keep on Keeping on...

I asked Kyle to tell me some stories, because I was going to be doing a lot of camping with the youth this summer, and needed to have some stuff to share with them. So here is Kyle's letter:

"Well I survived the first change, and I now have a Tongan companion. He only speaks Tongan and Spanish, so I am speaking a lot of Spanish now.  Well as far as stories go...the other day while we were giving a lesson one of the little girls said 'daddy I need to poop' and then just pulled out a bowel under the bed I was sitting on and dropped her pants, and took a dump.  It smelled so bad, we had to finish the lesson with it smelling like poop the whole time.  Yesterday I saw a cross dresser and he was going bald, but chatting it up with some other 'ladies', it was bazaar. On Wednesday there was a gun fight out front of our apartment. We were cooking dinner, and suddenly we heard shots so close that we got down and turned out the lights, then locked the window.  There was like 8 people with guns, they shot at each other then stopped and milled around. The next night there was someone a little further off shooting a fully automatic gun of some sort.  A few missionaries have been robbed by people with only machetes, and my zone leader was robbed while they were sleeping, he got beat up and his head split open, then they tied him up and just left.  He wanted to go home, so the mission president sent him to Antigua which is filled with hippies and gringos.  HaHa, mom will like it here, they play a lot of 80's music from America....."

Sounds like another day in paradise!  Kyle sounds great and is doing great as well.

1 comment:

Jill Dees said...

I wouldn't share those stories with any of the youth and I wouldn't even share it with his mother!