Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kyle Writes:
"Sorry I haven't written, we had changes on monday so we couldn't write. But ya, I'm still learning tzutuhil, and I love it. If I learn the language I will be here for probably 7 months or up to over a year, because another missionary has to learn it before they transfer one out. But its awesome here, so far I'm doing good. On sunday I passed out in the church. I don't know why, I just woke up on the ground. Maybe I got a brain parasite, I don't think so. But my backpack saved my head from being busted up on the concrete. As a result my backpack has a huge rip down the side now, which is sad, because it was waterproof, and I didn't have to worry about all the rain. But I sewed it up, mom would be proud, but I don't think it is waterproof anymore.
That sounds like so much fun ..all the hunting. I feel like I am being tortured with the lake here so close, yet we can't go swimming in it. haha. We can't take the ferry across it either, which would mean less than 30 minutes to solola, but we have to take a bus or fletes, which takes over 2 hours around the lake and wastes a lot of time. We can't cross the lake because 2 elders drowned in it and they never found the bodies. So when you guys come down we have to cross the lake. haha.
You should tell Brett and Troy to write me or something. I can't believe Brett's getting his call, thats awesome. Hows Forrest doing? Seems like he was gone for 4 years.....
Well till next week, love Elder Fisher"

Traveling by flete


1 comment:

Jill Dees said...

Every time I read his letters I can't help but be so grateful for North Carolina, Hawaii, Australia and North Carolina again!!! I think someone should tell him he is not supposed to tell you all the scary stuff!!! :0) What an experience. Hope he is ok, did they send him to a Doctor?