Lake Atilan
"I am in Santiago Atilan, it's a lake in the middle of the mountains that my mission president thinks is the waters of Mormon. I sent pictures last time. I have to wear typical dress which is short pants, with a fat cloth belt and leather 'Jesus sandels' as I like to call them. They are killing my feet though. I am doing a lot of service now, usually helping people move wood and chop wood. I even helped our branch president mix some concrete. They just mix all the concrete in the street, even for big pours.
I like it here. There's no crime because when someone does something they burn them. They have posters that they hang from the street signs that say no linching, and has a picture of people around a burning man, and the people have torches, and a bucket of gas. It's really funny.
My area has a lot of really cool stuff , when we walk through the forrest and farms its nice. I just have to learn 'tzitihl', this is the only place in the world where they speak it. Us missionaries are some of the only people that can write it, and we've made more literature books on it that anyone else. The people have re-named me Ch'u ... or fish. Some call me 'Ruch' which is a type of fish here in the lake."



1 comment:
Sounds like he is a lot safer now, unless he commits a crime of course!
Post a Comment