Kyle Writes:
"Well I finally got ahold of the guy with my backpack and got all my stuff back, including my camera, and I only had to pay q100. Which for me is a lot of money, but at least I got my stuff back. This week I went to tockache, a little village that over looks the lake. It's really cool there. My companion got sick yesterday, so we did divisions pretty much all day. San Andreas is really cool. The people speak Kachiquel but it's different, they speak 4 different versions of Kchiquel here, so I am always learning. I have talked to some people in Tzutuhil, that was awesome. I miss it there...still. Thank you for all your support and love. Ixkhnvahot kief Elder ma-ch'u'
Recent Letter to Brett:
"I love it here in Guatemala, especially in Santago. The people there are so humble and loving. It's special to see the people with nothing, and their love for the church and for Christ. When I would come they would offer food or drink and it would break my heart to take it, but you have to, or risk offending them. And if you offend them they will shun you for life. They are truly a special people and hold a special place in my heart. They have taught me so much I feel like nothing I could do would ever repay them for how they have changed my life, and for the opportunity I had to serve a short 3 months. I am eternally grateful. I still hope to go back some day to try and repay the debt I owe to this wonderful people, who have nothing more than a shack made from mud and corn stalks, who sleep on a dirt floor and don't even use shoes. These humble people I will never forget.
rkhnvajot kief je achnaq y je achi rxiin tzhnjaay jawra jun gent mas utz kinukux tok khnchop rxiin per kamikra mankinukuxta romak manwaweta ptzhnjaay
Work hard on your mission and have no regrets, this time only comes once. I regret I didn't love the people as much as I should have. They need your love, be there for them, help them know the truth. Take care Brett, I'll see ya soon. Elder Fisher"



No comments:
Post a Comment